Appello Systems AB a leading provider in the area of Location Based Services has appointed Mats Winkler as new CEO from the 19th of March 2012. Mats is one of the initial investors from 2004 and has been active as a Board Member since 2010 with a great knowledge of Appello’s business model and organization.
Mats Winkler has a long experience of the IT- and telecom industry from leading executive positions at companies such as Aditro, EDS, Ericsson and Accenture. “Appello is a leading and innovative company of location based services where I believe the company has a great future ahead. I look forward to leading and being a part of Appello’s development but also working with all the talented people in the organization” says Mats.
In conjunction, the present CEO, Martin Svensson will leave his position and continue to support Appello on a few initiatives and projects before moving on to new challenges.
“Martin Svensson has been the CEO of Appello for the last 5 years and led the company during a period with very good growth and development that has put Appello in the top league of European growth companies. Appello is now entering a phase with a more complex environment and we see this change as a natural step in the company’s development” says Alf Blomqvist, Chairman of the Board.
For more information, please contact:
Mats Winkler, CEO
Mobile: +46 705 951 169
Alf Blomqvist, Chairman of the Board
Mobile: +46 733 149 700
About Appello Systems AB:
- The only private independent cloud based navigation platform provider.
- Present in over 100 markets, with over 27 languages (including Chinese and Arabic)
- More than 19 million unique users. – Award winning platform – Guldmobilen.
- Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden with 45 employees.
- Recently made it to the 47th place on fastest growing software company in EMEA, in a study made by Deloitte.
- Deployed solutions with some of the largest mobile network operators and mobile handset manufacturers including Samsung, LG Electronics, Sony Ericsson, MTN, T-Mobile, TIM, A1, KPN and TeliaSonera – reaching over 300 million end users.